University of Baghdad
Bulletin of the Iraq Natural History Museum is electronic peer reviewed international journal committed to upholding the highest standards of publication ethics. In order to provide our readers with a journal of highest quality we state the following principles of Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement.
- All articles not in accordance with these standards will be removed from the publication if malpractice is discovered at any time even after the publication.
- Bulletin of the Iraq Natural History Museum is checking all papers in a triple-blind peer review process.
- We also check for plagiats and research fabrication (making up research data); falsification (manipulation of existing research data, tables, or images) and improper use of humans or animals in research.
- In accordance with the code of conduct we will report any cases of suspected plagiarism or duplicate publishing. Our journal reserves the right to use plagiarism detecting software to screen submitted papers at all times.
Authors must ensure:
- Written original works.
- The manuscript has not been issued elsewhere.
- Any work or words of other authors, contributors, or sources should be appropriately credited and referenced.
- Authors are also responsible for language editing before submitting the article.
- Submitting their works to the journal for publication as original articles confirm that the submitted works represent their authors’ contributions and have not been copied or plagiarized in whole or in part from other works without clearly citing.
- Any work or words of other authors, contributors, or sources (including online sites) should be appropriately credited and referenced.
- Disclose financial or other conflict of interest that might influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript (financial support for the project should be disclosed).
- Discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
- Agrees to the license agreement before submitting the article.
- All articles must be submitted using online submission procedure.
- Submitting a paper simultaneously to more than one publication at a time is a breach of publications ethics.
- Copyright and animals welfare statement are required and should be attached with the submitted manuscript.
Editors must ensure:
- A fair double-blind peer-review of the submitted articles for publication.
- Strive to prevent any potential conflict of interests between the author and editorial and review personnel.
- All the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept as confidential before publishing.
- Editor-in-Chief will coordinate the work of the editors.
Reviewers must ensure that:
- Evaluate manuscripts based on content without regard to ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, religious belief or political philosophy of the authors.
- All the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept as confidential and must report to the Editor-in-Chief if they are aware of copyright infringement and plagiarism on the author’s side.
- Evaluate the submitted works objectively as well as present clearly their opinions on the works in a clear way in the review form.
- A reviewer who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the Editor-in-Chief and excuse himself from the review process.